Bing Ads now allows advertisers to expand their global reach by adding a new language targeting support that let them target multiple languages at the campaign level.
If you’re a global advertiser, having your campaigns targeted in multiple languages is critical to reaching the customers you want.
Until now, Bing Ads has only offered support for language targeting at the ad group-level.
This limited support caused differences in structure between Google Ads campaigns and Bing Ads campaigns.
Today with added multiple language targeting, these differences have now been resolved, as Bing Ads advertisers’ are now able to select from multiple languages to target customers at the campaign level.
This feature will also let advertisers’ expand their global reach of a campaign.
However, Bing Ads still allow advertisers ad-group-level language setting to target an ad group with one specific language, or they can choose a combination of both targeting options.
The ad group language, if set, will override the campaign settings.
Benefits of multiple languages targeting includes:
- Expanded reach to more customers as this feature helps advertisers’ gain ad impressions on more queries and increases a campaign’s reach.
- The new feature can improve ad quality and customer satisfaction (customer-friendly ads) with the ability to serve ads in more languages.
- Flexibility to update set of languages targeting at any time, even after the campaigns are active.
- Importing campaigns from Google Ads across platforms become easier. Now Bing Ads can import all supported languages for the campaigns, as well as automatically “set the ad group language to use the campaign settings.”
Advertisers can target their existing campaigns with multiple languages by following two simple steps below:
- Setup campaigns by either selecting “All languages” or selecting “one or more” from any of the twelve supported languages.
- Setup ad groups to “Use the campaign settings.”
An image below show languages targeted under campaign view:
Screenshot of the ability to change language at ad group level:
Bulk editing is helpful to target several campaigns with more languages. This is done by selecting multiple campaigns and updating language settings.
Similarly, then update the language settings on multiple ad groups to “Use the campaign settings.”
In the screenshot below you can see bulk editing campaign language:
That’s it. ad groups will now target all selected languages for the campaigns.
Finally, wait for a few hours before setting up the ad groups to “Use the campaign” settings, because campaign languages need editorially processed.
Advertisers should write ads in their desired targeting language, as Bing Ads won’t translate ads, said Bing Ads.
Multiple Language Targeting support is available in both Bing Ads Editor and in the Bing Ads API. So advertisers can choose their choice of tool to manage language settings seamlessly.