Bing Ads’ providing a new way to advertisers to easily get deeper insights into their audience performance from Remarketing in Paid Search, In-market Audiences, and Custom Audiences — all from a single view through a new addition called, using the new “Audience Segmentation” reporting.
Previously, you had to run Audience and Ad group reports and manually combine them to report audience performance, now “a simple click will show performance lift of each audience against non-targeted users,” says Bing.
The feature allow advertisers split group audience data either by Audience Category or Audience Name from the Segment tab on six tabs: Account summary, Campaigns, Ad Groups, Ads, Keywords and Ad Extensions. For example, advertisers will be able to quickly analyze performance by audience targeting type and compare to those not targeted in “Users not in advanced segments,” as shown in the screen shot below:
Advertisers can get started with audience category via Audience Segmentation to view data grouped by audience targeting feature type. A new row called Users not in audience segments shows performance of those users not in any associated audience segments.
Compare each of your audience category performance with User not in audience segments to identify which audience category is performing the best. “You may then decide to increase the bid boost appropriately for each of these lists in order to increase your Return on Ad Spend (ROAS),” writes Bing Ads.
Then drill down to view performance of each individual audience and analyze top/poor performing audience within each category by selecting Audience name. See this screensot:
With this information advertisers can then decide to increase bid boost appropriately for each of these lists in order to increase their Return on Ad Spend (ROAS).
Bing Ads recommends advertisers to now:
- Increase bid boosts for those audience segments with strong performance.
- Set a 15% bid modifier on Remarketing in Paid search and 20 percent for In-market Audiences to harness the benefits of audience targeting.
- Expand audience targeting coverage by associating audience lists to additional ad groups, or if using In-market Audiences, identifying additional segments your business aligns with.
- Review and refine remarketing list definitions where performance is lower to ensure how you’ve defined the list is correct.
Here are some points to note:
- Advertisers to report on audience targeting performance prior can utilize existing audience reports through the existing audience reports from the Reports menu option.
- The Audience Segmentation option is available on 6 tabs: Account Summary, Campaigns, Ad Groups, Ads, Keywords and Ad Extensions.
- You can download the data for offline manipulation through Download from the toolbar.
- The “Users not in audience segments” line item is only generated when audience data is available for the selected criteria (i.e. campaign, ad group).
As a part of global rollout the Audience Segmentation is available starting today, while the data is available going back to January 5, 2018.
Bing notes the feature will be available to all customers by early February.