Bing is rolling out a new addtition ‘Price Extensions’ to its existing ad extensions list which already has Callout and Structured Snippets extensions.
The new Price extensions now available in the US enable advertisers to show prices for products or services to potential customers front and center on Bing Search Resutls. This extension appear in text ads at the top spot on mobile search results and can include up to a 25-character description with each extension.
It supports a variety of languages, currencies, and options to help advertisers quantify their product prices or units of service. The prices used in this extension must be visible on the landing page. Once visible a “view more items” drop-down displays three additional listings. Clicking on the extensions can link to a landing page on a advertisers website or on a third-party retailer storefront, like Amazon or Walmart.
In the example screenshot below you can see Price Extensions on a printer retailer:
Advertisers are charged for clicks on price extensions, just like sitelinks.
To get start adding Price Extensions to your campaigns and helping your customers convert, you can set them up in the Bing Ads UI, or create them programmatically via using Bing Ads API (Campaign Management, Bulk), or import from Google AdWords campaigns.
Price Extensions are live today in the US and will begin rolling out internationally this month, except in China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan.
Some key points about Price Extensions to note:
- Prices used in Price Extensions must be available and visible on a landing page.
- Like Sitelinks, clicks on Price Extensions will be charged the same CPC as clicks on the ad headline.
- Price Extensions can link to a preferred third-party retailer, like Amazon or Walmart.
- Price Extensions serve on all devices and can be shown with other ad extensions, including Sitelinks.
- Description cannot be duplicated in the header. For example, “Women’s haircut” cannot be used for both the header and the description.
For more additional information on Price Extensions, check out this Help Center page.