Last Jan, Google launched a Click-to-call for mobile ads that enables advertisers to directly connect with potential customers over the phone. Google say that “over the past three months we’ve seen the number of Google advertisers using phone extensions on mobile grow 28% month-over-month, globally. What’s more, CTC ads on both Google Search and Display Networks are generating millions of calls every month on mobile.”
To help you maximize the power of CTC, here’s a best practices from Google:
- Drive calls to a centralized number with Phone Extensions ad format. Phone Extensions enable you to include a phone number in your mobile ad that remain the same, regardless of where the ad is showing. Giving customers the option to instantly make contact with you is a great way to drive qualified leads as well as scale your business.
- Focus on phone calls with Call-only Creative campaigns solely focused on driving calls to your business. COC ensures that your phone number is the only clickable part of your mobile ad. Since a call costs the same as a click to your ad, you can completely focus on fostering phone interactions with your desired audience via your mobile campaigns.
- Measure performance with Call Metrics for Phone Extensions and COC ads, enable the AdWords CM feature. Using a dynamically assigned Google Voice number, CM provide campaign-level statistics on the number of phone leads generated by your AdWords ads including call duration and caller area code.
- Help customers remember your phone number with Vanity Phone Numbers that allow you to display an alphanumeric phone number in your mobile ad.
- Reach local customers with Location Extensions: Adding a location specific business phone number to your ads can help you effectively engage with this audience. As an additional benefit, this ad format displays your address and business location on an expandable map and can help navigate customers to your store.