Azure AD Connect Health updates include general availability of op-premises monitoring for Windows Server Active Directory Domain Services (AD AS) along with sync error reports and a simplified licensing model.
The Domain Controllers dashboard now contains more information, main dashboards load ten times faster and now you can easily pin the performance monitors collection to your Azure dashboard (see illustration above), writes the team.
The reports present relevant information about sync errors in one place, reducing the time required for fixes. The announcement include:
- Azure AD Connect Health for Windows Server AD DS is now GA!
- Azure AD Connect Health Sync Error Reports is now GA!
- Based on your feedback, we’ve simplified the Azure AD Connect Health licensing model, writes the team.
The general availability of the vm, acs, storage and network commands in Azure CLI 2.0, announced today, means that customers can now use these commands in production, with full support by Microsoft both through Azure support channels or GitHub.
Also, with this version, some new features particularly the combination of Bash and CLI commands, and support for new platform features like Azure Managed Disks are avilable as well.
This new version of Azure CLI should “feel much more native to developers who are familiar with command line experiences in the bash enviornment for Linux and macOS with simple commands that have smart defaults for most common operations and that support tab completion and pipe-able outputs for interacting with other text-parsing tools like grep, cut, jq and the popular JMESpath query syntax,” writes the team.
Azure Search is now available in the UK, is a search-as-a-service that helps customers build sophisticated search experiences into web and mobile applications. It is now generally available in UK and deployed only to the UK South region.
Azure brings 5 new services to Canada including:
- HDInsight, a fully-managed cloud Hadoop offering that provides optimized open source analytic clusters for Spark, Hive, MapReduce, HBase, Storm, Kafka, and R Server backed by a 99.9% SLA.
- Azure Functions, an event-based serverless compute experience to accelerate development.
- Managed Disks makes managing VM disks much simpler, as customers only need to specify desired disk type (Standard or Premium disk) and the disk size, and Azure will create and manage the disk for them.
- Azure Site Recovery contributes to BCDR strategy by orchestrating replication of on-premises virtual machines and physical servers.
- Azure Backup previously required service registration in PowerShell for the past few months.
Configuration Manager Technical Preview Branch Update 1702 available now brings the following preview features:
- Azure Active Directory Domain Services support let you install a ConfigMgr site on an Azure virtual machine connected to Azure AD DS, and use site to manage other Azure VMs connected to same domain.
- Improvements for in-console search including searching by Object Path, preservation of search text and preservation of your decision to search sub-nodes.
- Windows Update for Business assessment results as part of Conditional Access compliance policy conditional rules.
- Customize high-risk deployment warning when running a high-risk deployment, such as a task sequence to install a new operating system. The default string regarding data may not apply in scenarios like in-place upgrade.
- Close executable files at deadline when they would block application installation.
Also, following improvements to System Center Configuration Manager connected with Microsoft Intune to manage mobile devices are released:
- Non-Compliant Apps Compliance Settings – Add iOS and Android applications to a non-compliant apps rule in a compliance policy to trigger conditional access if the devices have those applications installed.
- PFX Certificate Creation and Distribution and S/MIME Support – can then be used for S/MIME encryption and decryption by devices that the user has enrolled.
- Android for Work Support enables you to enroll devices, approve and deploy apps, and configure policies for Android for Work devices.
Also, System Center Management Pack for TFS 2017 is now available.
The new version of Microsoft MPI (MS-MPI) v8 available now for download includes the following new features, improvements, and fixes:
- Complete support for all MPI-3 non-blocking collectives.
- Support for MPI_Reduce_scatter_block.
- Performance improvement for MPI_Alltoallv and MPI_Alltoallw.
- A bug in MS-MPI v7 that causes missing information in the event source for the MSMPI Launch Service.
- A bug in MS-MPI v7.1 that causes a hang in MSMPI Launch Service.
- A bug in MS-MPI v7 that can results in a bad port string returned from MPI_Open_port.
Microsoft System Center Management Pack for Visual Studio Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2017 is now available, and monitors TFS components such as application tier servers, data tier servers and team project collections.
“It will, of course, also work with the imminent TFS 2017 Update 1 release,” says Harry.
You can download it over HERE.