Version 2.0 of the Asset Inventory Service (AIS) has now been released.
“For those of you not familiar with AIS, it provides a comprehensive view of your enterprise’s desktop software and hardware environment. AIS helps reduce total cost of ownership (TCO) and improve license compliance through advanced software inventory scanning and by translating inventory data into actionable information.”
Some of the key changes in AIS 2.0:
- Improved user interface built on Silverlight and localized into 11 languages
- Title normalization and version aggregation in software reporting
- Virtual machine and App-V package support in software and hardware reports
- Improved Microsoft licensing reports
- Better hardware reporting and the ability to view the hardware properties of a computer
If you’re already using AIS, you can then login at AIS and download the updated agent. You’ll need to deploy this agent to the computers you want to manage in order for them to report their inventory.