Right after Google announces embedding Google Maps with HTML, Gary Price reports that Ask City has also added an embedded map feature. Now it is easy to post a map or various local business directly on your web site. For example, let’s say you want to meet up with friends at a local pizza shop. You can simply embed a map of those local pizza shops on your blog, have friends review them and then decide the place to meet.
Here is “how to do it:“
- First I locate pizza stores in a local area. As you can see, I added a circle around the area using the drawing tools.
- Click the embed link at the top of the page, it looks like this:
- Pick a small or medium or large version of the map.
- Copy the code from the box.
- Embed the code in your blog.
You should see pizza stores in the 10010 area just below this line:
Notice how the embed feature also shows what I have drawn on the map, using the drawing tools.
Gary Price has a lot more detail on this new feature at ResourceShelf.
Ask.com Ask City, Map, Navigation, Embedded Map, New Features, Featured News