Cupertino based Apple unveiled a revamped thinnest and lightest ever MacBook Pro on Thursday Oct. 27th, adding a fingerprint reader. It’s enclosed in an entirely new all-metal unibody enclosure, “the 13-inch is at 14.9 mm, and 15-inch at just 15.5 mm thin.”
The new MacBook Pro replaces traditional fuction keys with a new interface—a multi-touch Retina dispaly called the “Touch Bar.” At just .88 mm, the new Retina display offer 500 nits of brightness, with a wider gamut of color support.
Powered by the sixth-generation quad and dual core processors, it also bring along with a responsive keyboard, larger force touch trackpad, super-fast SSDs, up to four Thunderbolt 3 ports, and a double dynamic range audio system.
While the new 15-inch features powerful Radeon Pro discrete graphics, the 13-inch MacBook Pro comes with Intel Iris Graphics that are up to two times faster than before.
Customer will be able to open up the new notebook with Touch ID, the fingerprint reader also on iPhones and the new Touch Bar places controls at user’s fingertips when using system or apps like Mail, Finder, Calendar, Numbers, GarageBand, Final Cut Pro X and many more, including third-party apps.
“Touch ID enables a quick, accurate reading of your fingerprint and uses sophisticated algorithms to recognize and match it with the Secure Enclave in the new Apple T1 chip,” Apple writes.
On the software side, the new MacBook Pro operates on macOS Sierra desktop operating system, with new features like Siri integration, Universal Clipboard, Apple Pay on the web and Photos.
The new Macbook Pro offers:
- a sixth-generation dual-core Core i5 with eDRAM,
- dual-core Core i7 with eDRAM and quad-core Core i7 Intel processors
- SSDs with sequential read speeds over 3GBps
- Thunderbolt 3 which consolidates data transfer, charging and twice the video bandwidth in a single port — allowing users to drive a 5K display and power their MacBook Pro with a single cable.
- much larger Force Touch trackpads — 46 percent larger on 13-inch MacBook Pro and twice as large on 15-inch MacBook Pro;
- more responsive and comfortable typing on the keyboard with a second-generation butterfly mechanism
- louder, more true-to-life sound through speakers with double the dynamic range and improved bass.
Apple also released along side significant update to its video editing app, Final Cut Pro X, adding new Magnetic Timeline, Redesigned Interface & Integration with the Touch Bar on all-new MacBook Pro.
Magnetic Timeline in Final Cut Pro X offer the film at a glance with customizable arrangement and color coding of audio clips based on type or “role” — such as dialogue, music and effects.
Touch Bar lets bring the ability to instantly switch between editing tools, adjust audio levels and tap into useful commands for trimming and playback. While, with redesigned customizale UI, users can adjust workspaces for different tasks as per their requirement.
Additional features in Final Cut Pro 10.3 include:
- flow transition creates invisibly smooth jump cuts
- use remove attributes to easily delete or reuse select effects across multiple clips
- timecode overlay effect and generator bring the ability to edit with a large view of source timecode
- ProRes MXF, Panasonic V-Log and export of AVC-Intra support
- direct video output via Thunderbolt 3 high-quality video monitoring on an external display with a single cable.
- sleek new Motion 5.3 support wide color workflows and 3D text enhancements,
- new align to behavior allow to connect separate objects to create advanced animations
- Compressor 4.3 UI matches dark new Final Cut Pro X and Motion look.
- enhanced iTunes Store package creation let easily browse, verify and compress packages so they can be delivered to the iTunes Store faster and fully compliant.
New TV App unveiled offer a unified experience for discovering and accessing TV shows and movies from multiple apps on Apple TV, iPhone and iPad.
Additionally, a new Siri feature lets Apple TV viewers tune in directly to live news and sporting events across their apps. The Apple TV currently has 8,000 apps, including 2,000 games and 1,600 video apps, across categories such as sports, news, fitness, education, kids, lifestyle and more.
In addition, starting in Dec. a single sign-in using Apple TV, iPhone and iPad will bring access to all apps available through their pay-TV subscription.
Key features of TV App include:
- Watch Now is where collection of available shows and movies from iTunes and apps is displayed, and allow to go to Up Next or Recommended shows or movies to watch.
- Library offer access to users entire collection of iTunes movies and TV shows that they have rented or purchased on iTunes.
- Store is where you can discover new content across video services that they have not yet downloaded or are not yet subscribed to, along with the latest releases on iTunes.