In certain SoftGrid/App-V environments, clients may startup and immediately go into Disconnected Operations (DO) mode instead of refreshing from the server or streaming applications. This can happen if there’s a delay in contacting the server when the client attempts to launch a virtualized app.
The FastConnectTimeout can be changed by creating a new key in the registry and setting it to 5 seconds to allow for more time to connect to the VAS. The only caveat for this method is that for users who actually are in DO mode there will be a 5 second delay when starting virtualized applications.
To change the FastConnectTimeout setting:
1. Click on START>RUN and run REGEDIT.
2. Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Softricity\SoftGrid Client\CurrentVersion\Network
3. Right-click on NETWORK, and select NEW and then DWORD Value
4. Enter “FastConnectTimeOut” for the Name field
5. Right click on the name “FastConnectTimeOut” and select MODIFY
6. Change the Value Data field to “5” and click OK
7. Close the Registry
8. Restart the listener (or the machine) for this to take effect.
Source:→ App-V Blog