Apple has released an updated version 3.1.1. of Aperture, its professional photo editing and management software. This is an incremental update, but if you’re an Aperture user you’ll be happy to find:
- Better reliability when upgrading Aperture libraries created with older versions
- Less buggy photo publishing to MobileMe, Facebook and Flickr
- Improved compatibility with iLife Media Browser.
This update improves overall stability and performance, and also includes the following specific fixes as noted in the release notes.
- Fixes an issue that could cause iMovie ’11 to stop responding while scanning the Aperture library for video clips.
- Addresses issues that prevented the Aperture library from appearing in the Media Browser of other applications.
You can grab the update via Software Update or direct from Apple, but you’ll need Mac OS X 10.5.8 or 10.6.2 or later to install.
More Info: KBTS2518