Rovio announced that their Angry Birds franchise (which consists of the games Angry Birds, Angry Birds Seasons and Angry Birds Rio) has hit the half a billion downloads mark.
“Angry Birds Fans around the world have so far played a total of 200,000 years of Angry Birds, with 300 million minutes of playing time daily. Moreover, more than 266 billion levels of Angry Birds have been played, with 400 billion birds launched into action, and over 44 billion Stars collected in the process,” said Rovio.
- Angry Birds fans around the world have so far played a total of
- 200,000 years of Angry Birds
- 300 million minutes of playing time daily
- more than 266 billion levels of Angry Birds have been played
- 400 billion birds launched into action
- over 44 billion Stars collected in the process
- Angry Birds is the #1 game in 79 countries
- Rovio’s YouTube channel has netted over 200 million video views to date
Angry Birds franchise is now available on all major smartphone platforms, on Chrome web browser, and PC and Mac. Most recently, Angry Birds was announced for Nokia Asha 300 and 303 S40 feature phones – with this new category, Rovio will bring Angry Birds entertainment to completely new emerging mobile markets.
“This is a fantastic landmark achievement for us, and we’re extremely delighted to see such an incredible amount of people enjoying our games,” said Mikael Hed, CEO of Rovio. “We remain committed to creating more fun experiences and bringing exceptional quality to Angry Birds Fans everywhere.”
Also, Rovio announced of its plan to open the Angry Birds retail shop in Helsinki. Angry Birds merchandise is a continuously growing business, and Rovio has already shipped more than 10 million Angry Birds toys worldwide.
And, the company has also launched print publishing operations, and delivered the first Angry Birds books.