Google Android 3.0 “Gingerbread,” have started making the rounds online, and promises a new look & feel specifically suited to the tablet family of mobile devices. According to Unwired View, Gingerbread will be essentially a separate branch of Android development cycle. What’s coming:
- It’ll be released mid-October 2010. Just in time Black Friday and holiday season rush.
- Minimum Hardware requirements: 1Ghz CPU, 512MB RAM, 3.5″ displays and higher. As of now, majority of handsets don’t fall whithin minimum, allowing the new OS to focus on bigger systems, namely tablets.
- 1280×760 resolution available on screens 4″ or bigger.
- Overhauled user interface. UnwiredView.com compares it to Gallery App on Android 2.2, just throughout the whole UI.
- Less reliance on third-party UI shells like HTC’s Sense or Motorola’s MotoBlur.