Amazon has launched a new service called Askville, that in simple terms is a “place where you can share and discuss knowledge with other people by asking and answering questions on any topic.” Similiar to Yahoo! Answers, Yedda, AnswerBag, Google Answers, and Microsoft QnA.
How it differs from other similiar services:
- Just type in your question in the big box with the blinking cursor and click on the Ask the Community button. Keep in mind you have a 120 character limit for your question title.
- This will send you to the Question page.
- You will have the option of submitting additional details (1,000 character limit) about your question to help the community give you better answers.
- Create a topic for your question or choose from the list of suggested topics [this is required].
- Click on the “Ask the Community” button and you’re all ready to go.
Once you’ve submitted your question, your question will be open for 7 days. Depending on the community’s interest and/or difficulty of the question you will get up to 5 answers back from the Askville community during those 7 days. In the interim, feel free to meet other Askville users who share similar interests by answering a question, or have a discussion with other users in the Discussion Board section for each question.
To help the community find high quality answers in each topic, Askville give experience points to users based on how good their answers are in a particular topic.
Every time you answer a question on Askville you will earn or potentially lose experience points in the topics that were associated with that question. Askville uses experience points to determine how knowledgeable a user is in a given topic. Experience points are broken up into various levels. To reach a certain level you need to have earned a certain number of experience points in that topic. Go to Experience Points, Levels, and Quest Coins in the FAQs to learn more about experience points and levels.
Continue for more info….
Amazon, Askville, A Question & Answer Site