Amazon introduced “Author [email protected],” the new author interview series that will be available in a new content destination called “The Backstory.” Author [email protected] launches with five video interviews, including:
- Holly Black, the bestselling author of contemporary fantasy novels for teens and children, including her first book, “Tithe,” “The Spiderwick Chronicles” with Tony DiTerlizzi, the graphic novel series “The Good Neighbors (with Ted Naifeh),” and the mobster fantasy series “The Curse Workers.”
- Cassandra Clare, the bestselling author of the “Mortal Instruments” series, and “Clockwork Angel,” the first book in the “Infernal Devices” series.
- Tom Douglas is a James Beard Award-winning chef from Seattle, owner of ten restaurants and author of four books, including the Kindle Exclusive, “Chef Walks: Seattle.”
- Joshua Foer has written for National Geographic, Esquire, The New York Times, The Washington Post, and Slate. “Moonwalking with Einstein” is his first book.
- John Stephens spent ten years in television, was the executive producer of Gossip Girl and a writer for Gilmore Girls and The O.C. He was inspired to write novels for children after reading Philip Pullman’s “His Dark Materials” trilogy. “The Emerald Atlas” is his first book.
New author interviews will be announced via Amazon.com Books Facebook page and on Omnivoracious.com, the Amazon.com Books blog. Customers will be able to post questions for visiting authors that will be incorporated into each interview.
All edited videos will be available on the book’s detail page and accessible from archives in The Backstory.