adCenter April release now available bring enhanced desktop import capabilities, making it even easier and faster for users to import campaign data via source files (e.g. Microsoft Excel or .CSV). With this month’s upgrade, adCenter Desktop can now,
- “Map and save column headings of custom spreadsheetimport to the adCenter format. Saved column mappings can be reused for future imports of same files.
- Auto detect the file source of imported files and maps column headers to the adCenter format,” informs Tina Kelleher on Microsoft Advertising Center blog.
Microsoft says that the minimum number of words required for a text ad when importing ads from Google Adwords to adCenter, has now been reduced from 6 down to 3.
Answer Bar, now available in all markets, is a dynamic assistance tool located on the right hand side of adCenter interface. Note: this feature isn’t available to advertisers supported by a Yahoo! Account Manager. Here’s a quick rundown of the icons and what they mean.
- About This Page– helps you understand the primary goals to be achieved on the page you’re on.
- Everybody’s Asking– lists the most asked questions about the tasks and goals on the page. Questions expand to display the answers.
- How Do I?– provides numbered steps for 1-2 key tasks you can perform on the page.
- Known Issues– lists known problems and troubleshooting solutions for the page. If there are no issues, the icon won’t be displayed.
- Search Help– gives you quick access to all Help topics; applies across adCenter, not just the page you’re on.
- Talk to Us (Chat)– gives you quick access to a live chat with a support representative.
Also, available now in the desktop is the new adCenter UI:
- “You can select “Near a business location” and then set radius targets (up to 100 miles) for one or more locations.
- Radius targets can be set for business locations for a given campaign or ad group.
- Business locations are inherited from adCenter. You will need to add new business locations in adCenter and then sync efore it will be available in the Desktop to select.”
To set Desktop Radius Targeting Targeting:
- “Select either a campaign or adgroup
- Click the “Targeting…” button at the bottom of the adCenter Desktop.
- Once on the targeting settings page, you can adjust the selected campaign’s demographic, day, and geographical targeting,” Kelleher explained.