Google has launched a new learning portal for its AdSense publishers dubbed “AdSense Academy,” company announced in a October 5 blog post.
“Whether you are new to AdSense or have been using it for years, the AdSense Academy can help you successfully run your AdSense account by following six step-by-step learning modules,” said Thomas Tran, Inside AdSense Team member.
“The Academy provides best practices on everything from implementing your ad units to building your traffic to controlling your ads.
The AdSense Academy includes checklists, videos and quizzes that you can take at the end of each module to test your knowledge.”
Here are couple of moudles that you will learn in the Academy:
To create your first AdSense for content ad unit:
- Sign in to your AdSense account.
- Select the “My Ads” tab.
- Click the “New ad unit” button
- Name the ad unit something that you’ll recognize, so it will be easy for you to find this ad unit later if you want to change its settings.
The next step is to select your ad size. Wider ad sizes tend to perform the best, due to their reader-friendly format. The sizes we’ve found to be the most effective are these:
- the 336×280 Large Rectangle
- the 300×250 Medium Rectangle
- the 160×600 Wide Skyscraper
- the 728×90 Leaderboard
More Info: AdSense Academy