At the MAX conference Adobe made a bag full of announcements — including: six new tablets apps for iPad and Android tablets – “Adobe Collage, Adobe Debut, Adobe Ideas, Adobe Kuler and Adobe Proto” – Adobe Creative Cloud online service with a new set of Adobe Touch Apps for content creation on tablet devices – Adobe Digital Publishing Suite.
Adobe Creative Cloud, is a “major new initiative from the company that radically redefines the content creation process. Adobe Creative Cloud will become the focal point for creativity, where millions can access desktop and tablet applications, essential creative services, and share their best work,” said Adobe.
“The initial introduction of Adobe Creative Cloud is centered around an innovative collection of Adobe Touch Apps that re-imagine creative software for the mobile age and enable tablet devices to be an integral part of the creative process. Adobe Creative Cloud will become the hub for viewing, sharing and syncing of files created by Adobe Touch Apps and Adobe Creative Suite, and includes 20GB of cloud storage. It’ll quickly develop into a service that will deliver access to Adobe’s flagship creative applications and services and become an essential resource for anyone interested in creativity – all at a highly attractive price.”
By early 2012, Adobe Creative Cloud is expected to includes: Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Premiere Pro, After Effects and innovative new tools such as Adobe Edge and Muse.
“Adobe Touch Apps for content creation on tablet devices described as “a groundbreaking app that brings the legendary creative and image-editing power of Photoshop to tablet devices for the first time”. These stunning new apps bring professional-level creativity to millions of tablet users – from consumers to creative professionals – and utilize hosted cloud-based services to share files, view them across devices or transfer work into Adobe Creative Suite software for further refinement.”
Adobe Touch Apps build on the launch of Adobe Carousel, the only photography solution that gives access to your entire photo library across your tablets, smartphones and desktops — no storage issues, no manual syncing hassles.
The new Adobe Touch Apps include:
- Adobe Photoshop Touch lets users transform images with core Photoshop features in an app custom-built for tablets. With simple finger gestures, users can combine multiple photos into layered images, make popular edits and apply professional effects. The tablet-exclusive Scribble Selection Tool allows users to easily extract objects in an image by simply scribbling on what to keep and then what to remove. With Refine Edge technology from Adobe Photoshop, even hard-to-select areas with soft edges, such as hair, are easily captured when making selections. Additionally, the app helps users quickly find images, share creations, and view comments through integration with Facebook and Google Search. Using the syncing capabilities that are a component of Adobe Creative Cloud, files can be opened in Adobe Photoshop.
- Adobe Collage helps creatives capture and refine ideas and concepts by allowing them to combine inspirational images, drawings, text and Creative Suite files into modern, conceptual mood boards. Features include importing of images, four customizable pen types for drawing, adding text, and applying color themes. A virtually unconstrained canvas grows as needed to accommodate more assets. Files can be shared or transferred for access in Adobe Photoshop.
- Adobe Debut allows users to present designs to clients and stakeholders virtually anywhere. Adobe Debut quickly opens tablet-compatible versions of Creative Suite files for convenient and beautiful viewing on the tablet, including Photoshop layers and Illustrator art boards. Feedback is gathered using a markup pen tool to add notes and drawings on top of the work.
- Adobe Ideas is an easy-to-master, vector-based tool for drawing. By using a stylus or finger, strokes appear smooth at any zoom level. Starting with a blank canvas, users can choose color themes, and pull in tablet-compatible image files that can be controlled as separate layers. Finished results are easily accessed in Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop.
- Adobe Kuler makes it easy to generate color themes that can inspire any design project. Color can be explored and discovered, with hundreds of thousands of Kuler themes already available via the creative community. Social engagement in the community is enhanced by rating and commenting on themes, which can be exported as color swatches for Adobe Creative Suite projects.
What’s is Adobe Photoshop Touch: