Adobe TagManager, announced today is a new, enterprise-class tag management solution that bridges the needs of performance, security and data governance with the digital marketer’s desire to iterate, test and capitalize on emerging trends and technologies.
“This approach facilitates the rapid deployment of these technologies, eliminating the need to make changes to the code on a page. Additionally, TagManager has been purposefully designed to uphold strict corporate requirements around business-critical digital data collection and management,” Adobe said.
Key benefits of TagManager include:
- Rapid deployment of advertising and marketing technologies
- Digital marketers no longer need to wait for code lockdown to lift in order to add or remove marketing technologies. Tags also need to be updated or changed as requirements change or deployment mistakes are identified, and marketers now have the freedom to make those changes much more quickly.
- The explosion of digital marketing channels such as social, video and mobile have led to a corresponding explosion in advertising and marketing technologies that utilize tags to capture anonymous audience data. TagManager serves as a central console simplifying the management of these tags.
- TagManager gives marketers greater control over the valuable data that third-party technologies gather and utilize on their behalf. For example, using TagManager, a digital marketer can schedule when a particular tag should stop gathering data or can remove the tag altogether, reducing data leak to inactive or former partner technologies.
- TagManager can perform full or partial-site scans in each deployment phase (development, stage, live) to identify tag errors, such as missing page code, or link errors that could lead to pages loading incorrectly or misleading analysis based on incomplete or incorrect data. This capability was formerly named Adobe DigitalPulse and has been folded into TagManager.
- With a three-stage workflow, TagManager allows agencies or systems integrators to 1) deploy tags in a development environment for testing and then 2) move them to a stage environment where the marketing and IT departments can review, test and approve the tags before they are 3) deployed live.
- The ease of adding, removing or updating tags within the TagManager console means that marketers need significantly less resources to support advertising and marketing technologies.
More Info: Adobe TagManager