Adobe launched Creative Suite 5 – collection of professional applications for print and Web designers and videographers. This set of coordinated programs, popularly called Adobe CS5, includes new versions of 14 products and their associated apps, four new online services, and a brand new interactive Web design product.
- CS5 also enables the creation of content & apps for much anticipated releases of Flash Player 10.1 and Adobe AIR 2, optimized for high performance on mobile screens & designed to take advantage of native device capabilities for richer, more immersive user experience.
- The updates in CS5—more that 250 new features have been integrated throughout Master Collection of all programs—address not only technical changes in hardware capabilities to make them faster and more efficient, but also strive to solve workflow problems.
- Mercury Playback Engine speeds up processing & rendering so editors can work on large, complex projects without delays. The key to this improvement is GPU acceleration and full use of all processing cores. Mercury Playback Engine directly accesses Nvidia graphics cards for performance boosts. Premiere Pro and Production Premium apps require either OS X 10.5.7 or OS X 10.6.3 for GPU-accelerated performance.
- Adobe CS5 products integrate with Adobe’s new CS Live, a set of five online services that augment key aspects of the creative workflow. CS Live online services are complimentary for now and include: Adobe BrowserLab, Adobe CS Review, Acrobat.com, Adobe Story, and SiteCatalyst NetAverages from Omniture.
- Using Flash Professional CS5, designers & developers can create, test & deliver Web content across wide range of mobile platforms & devices such as smartphones, tablets, netbooks, smartbooks and other consumer electronics. In addition, users can build AIR apps using new Packager for iPhone tool preview, component of Flash Professional CS5, which can be deployed on iPhone and iPad with future device support planned for Android, BlackBerry and Palm webOS.
More info: Press Release