For ISVs wanting to update legacy apps or for new green field development, ADO.NET Entity Framework 4 has become a time saving, cost effective way to build out your data tier of your application. Entity Data Model (EDM) provides a uniform way for you to work with data by specifying data structure of a client app through business logic, namely entities and relationships.
Entity Framework 4 now supports:
- POCO Support: You can now define entities without requiring base classes or data persistence attributes.
- Lazy Loading Support: You can now load sub-objects of a model on demand instead of loading them up front.
- N-Tier Support and Self-Tracking Entities: Handle scenarios where entities flow across tiers or stateless web calls.
- Better SQL Generation and SPROC support: EF4 executes better SQL, and includes better integration with SPROCs
- Automatic Pluralization Support: EF4 includes automatic pluralization support of tables (e.g. Categories->Category).
- Improved Testability: EF4’s object context can now be more easily faked using interfaces.
- Improved LINQ Operator Support: EF4 now offers full support for LINQ operators
More Info: Download