At the Games Developer Conference (GDC) in San Francisco, Admob shared a series of new innovations across ad formats, monetization tools and measurement insights for apps.
First up, a new “playable,” an interactive ad format in Universal App Campaigns allows users to “play a lightweight version of a game, right in any of 1M+ apps in Google Display Network.” It helps in getting more installs from those who tried the game in the ad and downloaded it later.
In the coming months, through UAC, it’ll be available to developers, and will be compatible with HTML5 creatives built through Google Web Designer or third-party agencies.
Second up, UAC will soon make the new “auto-flip” feature that automatically orients video ads to match the device orientation will avilable to developers. With the auto-flip, a horizontal video creative in AdWords, by using machine learning technology will “automatically create a second, vertical version,” wrties the AdMob team. “The feature identify most important objects in every frame of the horizontal creative to produce an optimized vertical version video ad highlighting those important components. “
Wath this video to see how horizontal video and vertical-optimized video created through auto-flip technology:
Google is also significantly increasing rewarded video ads availability with AdWords’ video app install advertising demand in AdMob. The rewarded video ads let users watch ads in exchange for an in-app reward. “UAC advertisers can use their existing video creatives to seamlessly reach this game-playing audience.”
For measurement tools, Firebase Analytics with a generally available C++ SDK and an SDK for Unity, will be available to more game developers.
With this launch, “C++ and Unity developers can access Firebase Analytics for real-time player insights and a deeper understanding of metrics like daily active users, average revenue per user and player lifetime value.”
The team also notes, that a new plugin for “native ads” and “native ad mediation” supporting on both iOS and Android, for Unity developers beyond banner, interstitial, and rewarded ads is available today.
- Access the scale of Google’s video demand: With AdWords’ global presence and advertiser base, AdMob publishers will benefit from geographically diverse demand.
- Diversified demand with rewarded mediation: Help ensure that there’s always an ad available to show, and that the ad shown is the most valuable to you.
- User-friendly ad formats: Clear guidance to users at all touch points, including opt-out option for full user control over ad experience.
- Great User Experiences: AdMob provides highly engaged ads such as landscape and portrait video formats in rewarded ads where there is no incentivization of the download giving a clear value exchange for the user.
- Popular Game Engine Support: New integrations with Cocos2d-x and Unity game engines allow you to seamlessly support rewarded ads in your games.