Begining September 1, Google My Business mow allow adding multiple owners to individual locations or business accounts.
With these recent changes, now owners of listings can invite additional users to “own” or “manage” the listing. “Adding owners and managers lets users share management of a listing without having to share personal account information,” google writes.
Google writes, while individuals designated as an owner can add or remove users. A manager designated can only “remove themselves from a listing”, but cann’t add or remove others.
However, when an owner or manager wants to remove themselves from the listing, “they must first transfer primary ownership to another person.”
Further, Google Groups can’t be added as managers or owners of listings.
Owners, managers, and communications managers all have different levels of access to the listing. Adding of new individual can be done either on desktop or mobile.
To add an owner or manager to a listing using desktop:
- Sign-in to Google My Business and switch to card view, (if you are viewing locations as a list). To make a switch, clicking the cards icon on the right side above your locations.
- Click Manage location for the listing you’d manage.
- Now, in upper left-hand side of screen, click the three dash menu icon, then click Manage users.
- In the box that appear in top right corner of the “Managers of [your business]”, now click the “Invite new managers” icon.
- Choose a user’s role by selecting from “Owner, Manager, or Communications manager” below their name.
- Finally send Invite.
(When an invite accept the invitation, they immediately become listing owners or managers, and all existing owners of the listing are notified via email).
Here’s how to add using a mobile:
- Open the Google My Business app, then tap the three dash menu icon in the upper left-hand corner.
- Now, tap Managers and the plus icon +.
- Next, enter the email address or profile name of the person you want to add.
- Then, tap the plus icon + again.
- Now, choose a role for them as either a Manager or Communications manager.
To change a role of a user, you can tap the more iconnext to their name and tap Edit role, explained google help center.