Google News published eight tips to help publishers to improve their website /blog index /listing:
- Keep the article body clean – make sure your contents are closer to post title
- Make sure article URLs are permanent and unique
- Take advantage of stock tickers in Sitemaps
- Check your encoding for consistency and uniformity (UTF-8)
- Make your article publication dates explicit
- Keep original content separate from press releases
- Format your images properly; use large sized JPEGs with reasonable aspect ratios and descriptive captions.
- Article Titles in Google News – make sure to have the title in both the title tag and headline on the page.