UK Prime Minister David Cameron owns one, White House staff use them and Apple can’t make them fast enough. No matter where you sit on the pro-/anti-Apple fence, the signs are clear: iPads are in, netbooks are out, and the tablet story has only just begun. Apple’s tablet mayn’t yet quite provide all the utility a business traveller needs, but we know many travellers will choose to carry an iPad rather than a laptop on their next trip all the same. Here’re six essential apps for business travellers:
- Kayak Explore and Flight Search helps you find and book flights and hotel rooms, tapping into Kayak’s dedicated travel information search engine.
- TravelTracker Pro delivers live flight status reports from FlightStats and live flight map tracking in the US. The app integrates with TripIt.
Price: $8.99: Get
- WeatherBug Elite will get you beautifully-presented weather forecasts, infrared satellite, humidity, air pressure, wind speed, next day high and next day low pressure data through an easy-to-navigate user interface.
Price: $4.99: Get
- iBooks/Kindle Apps
- Free Translator for iPad uses Google Translate API to provide translations. Get.
- TruPhone lets you make calls to landlines and cell phones using your iPad and a Wi-Fi connection, just so long as you have a set of earphones (such as the standard iPhone earbuds) with a microphone.
Price: Free, Get