Last week, Google opened Crome Web Store, where users can discover thousands of web apps, extensions, and themes for Chrome browser. Many of these Chrome Apps are utilizing Geo APIs. Here’re 5 great Chrome apps using Google Maps API:
- TripTrace organizes all the important places that you’ve been to or think you might want to visit; perfect for local exploration or vacation planning. Photos, events, and news are merged with your personal address book, check-ins, bookmarked web pages and more.
- Wikihood World Browser gives users with a unique way to browse and discover knowledge. By organizing Wikipedia articles geographically, users can quickly find info about a given location on the map. Wikihood makes browsing even easier by providing a short synopsis of an article on the left side when the article’s geolocation is selected on the map.
- Breadcrumbs is a GPS management tool. Users can visualize, organize, edit, and share GPS data collected from any GPS enabled device (including Android devices!). Breadcrumbs is also integrated with Google Earth API for 3D visualizations.
- Delta Embark is a Chrome optimized travel guide is a delight to use.
- Weatherbug lets you view your weather and get the latest local current conditions, forecast, traffic information, and more for thousands of locations around the world.
More Info: Chrome Web Store