Zoho an innovator in online office suites has updated and released new version of “Zoho Writer”, their online word processing application.
The highlights include:
- DocX Support
- Thesaurus (in 10 languages)
- Sharing with Groups
- Enhanced Endnotes/Footnotes
- Enhanced Headers/Footers
The biggest highlight of the update is the added support of — “exporting to DocX, the new Microsoft OOXML file format for Word. Ofcourse, we already support ODF Export/Import in Zoho Writer. Currently you can export any of your documents in Zoho Writer as a DocX file. This is added in addition to the already available export options - DOC, TXT, HTML, PDF, ODF, SXW and RTF. We will soon be supporting DocX import as well.”
Other notable feature updates include:
- Thesaurus (available in ten languages) —Right-click on a word, choose the ‘Thesaurus’ option from the contextual menu to view the synonyms and related words.
- Sharing with Groups: Share documents with multiple people without having to enter in multiple email addresses each time you share a document.
- Enhanced support for Endnotes/Footnotes: All your Zoho Writer documents when exported to DocX, ODF, SXW & RTF will retain the endnotes/footnotes correctly. We now also import endnotes/footnotes from DOC, ODF, SXW, RTF files.
- Enhanced support for Headers/Footers: Full support is available when you export documents to DocX, ODF, SXW & RTF.
- Apart from these, there are other enhancements and bug fixes in this update. Manual page breaks are also supported in export/import as well.
Zoho, Zoho Writer, Online Office Suite, DocX, Microsoft, OOXML, Office Open XML, File Format, ODF, Update, New Features, Online Word Processor, Beta