This year it's great to see Yahoo again but this time with YUI, version 2.2.0 have just been released with many major changes and a good collection of cheat-sheets.
The changes are:
- Versioning: 0.12.2 to 2.2.0: The new version syncs up the internal and external release numbers
- Browser History Manager: The YUI Browser History Manager supports all A-grade browsers in managing the back/forward button navigation and bookmarking
- DataTable Control: The DataTable control allows you to present tabular data and allow your user to engage that presentation by modifying/enhancing the data, sorting and searching through it, and adjusting the presentation itself.
- Button Control: Buttons are essential parts of most graphical interfaces, but the visual constraints of buttons in their various form-control implementations (submit buttons, radio buttons, check boxes, etc.) diminish their effectiveness in some applications. The Button Control provides a platform for implementing visually impactful buttons that range from standard click-to-navigate buttons to radio buttons and checkboxes to advanced split-buttons that can operate as both a button and a menu.
- New YAHOO.* properties: such as YAHOO.lang, YAHOO.env, and a YAHOO_config global