Here’re a couple features added on YouTube recently:
- In addition to finding Gmail contacts, now you can find and connect with people on Facebook and Yahoo through AutoShare in YouTube. Sign in and visit homepage to be prompted with an invite to sync up your YouTube account to these platforms, and from there it should be easy to subscribe to YouTube channels of people you know through these networks.
- Total video views: Go to anyone's channel and now you can see how many views all of their uploads have received. This number can be added or removed from your own Profile by clicking "edit" on your channel's info module.
- Cosmetic change to playlist display in search results, so that they are more strongly visually identified on the page.
- Recent Activity grouping/expansions: Turning activity feed means that anyone who's subscribed to you gets a notice in their feed when you favorite, comment on, rate videos and more. Now you can see when someone's favorited more than one video and what those videos are.
- New moderation options in Groups let group owners edit core settings of their group, like name and description, as well as set video and topic posting policies. Both owners and moderators can use this interface to manage new topics and videos, streamlining process of approving or rejecting group content.