Video has always been a unique storytelling tool, especially useful when reporting the news. Here’re six best practices for how news publishers can increase “discoverability of their news videos”:
- Timely uploads: Videos should be uploaded as quickly as possible to reach news homepage faster and be grouped with most recent articles.
- One story per video offers better user experience and easier for to index also, and the video title should be specific (not something generic like “Breaking News”).
- Categorization helps in discovering videos easier, always add your videos to relevant categroy.
- More detailed descriptions of the news video should convey the who, what, when, where, and why of the story in a few sentences — the more detail you can supply, the better.
- Rich keyword tags: Providing keywords that might not be in the description gives us more knowledge of what the video is about. Especially helpful are proper nouns: the names of the people, places, companies, etc. mentioned in the video.
- Make you video embeddable on other sites since this is currently a technical requirement for being displayed in Google News.
News Search SEO: