Update 10/12: YouTube Search, is now optimized for time watched, as Google started adjusting the ranking of videos in YouTube search to reward engaging videos that keep viewers watching.
"The experimental results of this change have proven positive -- less clicking, more watching," YouTube team posted, adding, "We expect the amount of time viewers spend watching videos from search and across the site to increase. As with previous optimizations to our discovery features, this should benefit your channel if your videos drive more viewing time across YouTube," the team said.
YouTube Analytics now includes Time Watched, Annotation reporting, and more improvements made in the last few months.
Earlier this year, Google started focusing on the time users spend watching YouTube when "suggest videos." To give additional insight into engagement for videos, google now enhanced the "Views" report to show more time watched data.
You can see "Estimated minutes watched" from the "Views" report or choose other data options from the "Compare metric" drop-down menu.
Improvement in Annotations. You can now use the beta version of Annotations report to view data on the performance of your video annotations, with insights on viewer click and close rates.
In addtion to above, here are some more updates:
- Date slider is back and better than ever. Now you can quickly adjust the date range and see how your videos performed across different time periods.
- You can average data across time with rolling totals for 7- and 30-day totals. Instead of seeing changes in weekend traffic and other cyclical data, rolling totals will smooth the trends to help you see overall growth without the distracting spikes and dips.
- The metadata section for your videos and channels instantly provides you with data such as lifetime views and video duration.
- Video hovercard helps you see a thumbnail of your video and basic information by simply hovering over your video link.
- Compare metrics provides you with more ways to compare trends and patterns across two different metrics.
Here are the pictorial representaion of the above pictures in order: