Starting today, the YouTube Insight has been replace with YouTube Analytics. In a blog post Novembrer 30 blog post, the YouTube team said that the new ‘YouTube Analytics‘ will be released to everyone on a modern browser over the course of the day.
Here are some latest features in Analytics:
- “A Quick Overview provides all of the information that you care about quickly, while also enabling you to easily access more detailed information.
- More Detailed Reports: Analytics now includes more detailed statistics so that you can have a more precise understanding of your content and audiences.
- All reports are unified with a Data Filter, which is a key tool displayed at the top of each report. The Data Filter allows you filter by Content, Geography, and Date. You can select from a predetermined date range, or create a custom range.
- Most reports have a Line Chart by default, which captures the distribution of a metric over the specified date range, with the following options:
- Date granularity: charts can be displayed with data points in daily, weekly, or monthly increments.
- Compare metric: select a second metric for comparison, which will displayed on the graph. For example, you can chart Viewers next to Unique Viewers.
- Most reports have an interactive Map, which captures the geographic distribution (limited to the Geography selection on the content picker) of the metric reported over the specified date range. Hover with your mouse over one of the countries to see the data for this particular country. The distribution is also visually indicated by the darkness of the shade of a particular country. For example, the map indicates that this particular user receives a high proportion of views in the United States and Germany.
- Audience Builders: Discover which videos are driving the most views and subscriptions.
- Audience Retention: See how far viewers are watching through your video in the new audience retention report.
- Download report will now download the data on the report displayed rather than all data. Even changing the parameters in the View by button affects what data is downloaded,” explained Help Center article.
The Creator Playbook has also been updated to show you how to use your new Analytics to build and engage with bigger audiences, earn more money, and make better videos.
For those new, “‘YouTube Creator Playbook’ provide Partners and creators with a new resource that compiles important tips, best practices, and strategies to build greater audiences on YouTube and gets the updations as new features are released and new tips are uncovered.”
Here is the latest Creator Playbook:
Also, note that Colombians will have a localized YouTube that will enable Colombians to more easily discover content and share local talent from within their country.
The advent of YouTube Colombia also has economic implications, especially for users who create videos that people share frequently. Users with the most watched or popular videos may apply to be part of YouTube’s partner program, which already provides economic benefits to more than 20,000 members worldwide.