In 2nd phase of Yahoo! iPad user analysis [Part 1], the company reports that “we’ve observed a 7x increase in number of users visiting Yahoo! services from iPad during first two months after the launch.
- This growth, also resulted in a shift in percentage of women, — now male to female ratio is 3:2:
- While Flickr, Yahoo! Finance, Yahoo! News, and Yahoo! Sports are still popular; Yahoo! Groups, Yahoo! Shopping, and Yahoo! Travel increased 28%, 25%, and 22% respectively.
- The sweet spot for this user base continues to be in 30–54 age range:
- As iPad user base on Yahoo! increased, interest in business/investment topics grew 46%, or 130% more than an average Y! U.S. user. Y! iPad users are 2.8 times more likely to search for investment-related information than Y! U.S. average.
- Yahoo! iPad users outside U.S. show similarities in demographics. In general, male skew is same internationally as it’s in U.S., though it’s stronger in Japan, where male outnumber women 4:1. Similarly, 35–44 age cohort is largest among all international iPad users on Yahoo!:
- Unlike U.S., interest levels in technology were substantially stronger in all nine countries, with U.K., Australia, and Germany showing between 3–4 times higher interest than U.S. On Search side, technology and finance searches on Yahoo! network were strongest: