Yahoo! Web Analytics version 10.3.18 release update comes with better tracking and reporting of mobile devices. "We recognize that people are no longer interacting with our customers on the web only - the types of smartphones and tablets increase daily," stated Emer Kirrane, in a Yahoo Web Analytics blog post.
First, the team has given YWA User Interface more cleaner workspace:
Version 10.3.18 also, added the ability to track, customize reports, and filter/segment based on device type. "These options are available as dimensions for visitor, session, or tracking scope metrics, which should enable users to better understand and optimize the traffic received across the following four device types," informed Kirrane: Mobile; Tablet; TV; Desktop.
Additionally, you can now track, customize reports, and filter/segment based on specific carriers, makes, and models of devices. Sample carriers and makes might include:
- Carrier: Verizon, Vodafone, China Mobile Hong Kong
- Make: Apple, HTC, Motorola
- Model: iPhone 3G, Droid, iPad 2
YWA now also supports tracking versions of the Android or iOS operating system.
These values have been added to the existing Operating Systems field (which already reflects desktop operating systems for Windows or Macintosh platforms.
Sample operating system and version combinations might include such examples as iOS 4.0.1, iOS 5.0, Android 3.1, and so forth.
Also, following new reports are introduced to help you track your mobile traffic:
- Device Type > System > Device > Device Type
- Device Type > System > Device > Device Carrier
- Campaign by Device > Marketing > Campaigns > Campaign by Device
"The Campaign by Device report appears just below the Campaign by Type report, already on the menu. Also, YWA users can customize these new reports, adding or removing dimensions and metrics," added Kirrane.
Yahoo also announced, that in the coming weeks, they will be launching new Yahoo! Calendar, which is based on the latest version of Yahoo! Mail and has a more intuitive design with improved navigation capability.
Here's what the new Yahoo! Calendar:
- Cleaner design with easy discovery and navigation
- Much faster interface
- New toolbar buttons to navigate between day, week, and month views
- Improved month view with full event titles and all the day events
- All the themes that you use with the latest version of Yahoo! Mail
- Holiday calendars from 15 new countries
- And a lot more…