Yahoo! Web Analytics version 10.2 released today is dubbed as ther major release which includes a number of new features and enhancements.
Here is a run down of the new features and enhancements:
"Publish Segments Specific to Network or Advertiser Entities
With version 10.2, ad channels can now be defined as specific to an advertiser level entity. In the Right Media Exchange, segments are either associated with a network entity or an advertiser entity.
- Network entity segments can be used to target campaigns for any advertising entity and can be shared between networks using the Right Media Exchange's audience sharing capabilities.
- Advertiser entity segments can only be targeted by campaigns for that entity (unless they are later promoted to a network entity segment).
To specify the entity of exported segments, choose Settings > Ad Channel > Ad Channel Configuration, then either add a new Right Media Exchange ad channel (if you have not yet created one) or edit an existing channel (to change it from a network to an advertiser level segment).
Custom Report Wizard has been redesigned for greater flexibility, with both aesthetic and usability enhancements. Enhancements include:
- A visible sample data grid, populated as you add dimensions or metrics.
- Metric incompatibility (notifying you if you try to create a report with incompatible metrics).
- Color coded target boxes, showing valid targets when adding dimensions or metrics to custom reports.
When generating or updating reports, a Progress Indicator on Reports may be displayed when appropriate.
Bulk Deletion of Downloads in Volume Export Download Center
Users can now go to Settings > Volume Export Download Center > Download volume export reports and choose multiple downloads to delete. For each table (My Downloads, Shared Downloads, and Scheduled Mail Reports), users can now:
- Use the checkbox on the report header row to select all downloads in that table
- Select individual downloads for deletion using the checkbox at the beginning of each row
After selecting some or all downloads, click on the Delete button to remove the selected downloads.
New Report: Campaign Assists
Version 10.2 introduces: the Assist Rate metric, available in both the Custom Report Wizard - is calculated as Assists divided by Aggregated Clicks displayed as a percentage, where Aggregated Clicks is the sum of click data imported from contributing ad systems. When Aggregated Clicks isn't available, Clicks CCL (clicks landed) will be used instead.
And, the Campaign Assists report helps you understand the full "mix of campaigns" that visitors viewed or interacted with up to 45 days before performing a conversion action on your website. While other types of campaign reports credit exactly one campaign with each conversion, the Campaign Assists report reveals the series of campaign events experienced by visitors before they convert. Understanding these dependencies can help you determine the relative effectiveness of different campaigns and inform your buying decisions for future brand campaigns.
Segments can now be published to two targets
- Right Media Exchange - select this option to export to the Right Media Exchange.
- Yahoo! Premium Display - all segments are exported to this target by default. This option can only be modified by Yahoo! Account Management.
New Dimensions: Exit Link & Exit Link Domain
- Exit Link
- Exit Link Domain
These dimensions can be used to build a custom report or to modify an existing standard report," explained Yahoo!.