Yet another news from Yahoo! mill, the company has announced that Yahoo! Pulse will become Yahoo! Profile.
In a December 1, blog post the company writes "You might have noticed messaging surrounding the upcoming changes to Yahoo! Pulse. Here is a quick reminder that 'after December 1, 2011 you will no longer be able to use Pulse as it will be discontinued.' We're replacing Pulse with a new Profile, a simpler way to manage your settings and your identity in Yahoo!," blogged Yahoo.
On the rebranding, Yahoo says "We always strive to improve your experience on Yahoo!. After evaluating tons of feedback from you, we decided Yahoo! Pulse was not meeting your needs. Yahoo! Profile is an easier way to identify who you are!."
Adding, the company said "We've listed the main changes on when the transition occurs. To find out more info, please to go Profile Help Pages or click on "see what this change means to you" on Pulse."
- "We'll transfer your Yahoo! Pulse information for you.
- Your social games will move to games.yahoo.com. Your apps will move to my.yahoo.com.
- There's no updates feed.
- There are two privacy levels: public (visible to everyone) and private (visible only to you).
- Any profile information you had with the "connections" privacy level is now converted to private.
- It works on smartphones!," Yahoo notes.