Yahoo! has relaunched — its social bookmarking service “Yahoo! My Web 2.0”, after a long gap.
Yahoo My Web 2.0 — New features:
- Addition of “Top Tags” and “Interesting Today” for discovery
- Search by Tag prominently displayed at top of page
- No login required to browse bookmarks
- Users can monitor bookmarks from other taggers without their permission
- Bookmarks can be exported to other applications
- More Ajax (example: moue over name to view a user’s profile)
Yahoo also dropped the “2.0&Prime from the name of the application. Their reason? To avoid confusion with the “web 2.0&Prime meme. While I doubt that this has anything to do with the recent trademark issues around the term, I do find the timing of the renaming interesting.
Yahoo! My Web 2.0, Social Bookmarking Service