Yahoo is trying to help people prepare for the addition of their Quality Score filter that will launch on Feb. 5th. I received an email giving tips which also had links to more details at the Yahoo Search Marketing help area.
Below are some handy tips to improve your qaulity score.
Tips to Prepare for the New Ranking Model (New Sponsored Search): On February 5, 2007, we will be launching a new ranking model in the U.S. that will determine an ad’s rank in search results based on bid amount and ad quality. To help you take advantage of our new ranking model, we’ve highlighted the key changes and then provide you with important steps.
Following are the key changes:
- An ad’s rank will be determined by both bid amount and ad quality.
- Ads with higher quality can deliver a lower cost per click and/or may receive better placement on the results page relative to lower quality ads.
- Standard match type ads will no longer receive priority placement over Advanced match type ads.
To take advantage of the new ranking model, you should:
Include keywords in your ad (use our Insert Keyword feature): Research indicates that the perceived quality is higher in ads where the keyword is included within the title and description.
You can use the insert keyword feature to dynamically insert the keyword into your title and/or description
Choose keywords for each ad group carefully.
Grouping keywords into relevant ad groups makes it easier to:
- Craft ads that are more specific and relevant to your keywords.
- Test different landing pages—and potentially increase conversion rates.
For example, if you were selling electronic products, you would want to place keywords related to “camera