Yahoo! said that they've begun to migrate users over to the new Yahoo! Calendar, and by next spring all Calendar users will get a chance to use it. Here're some new features:
- You can view an entire month or focus on a specific date and time. You can also assign colors for different calendars and to-do lists, and drag-and-drop events between dates or years.
- New Calendar gives you more control to share your calendars and events. You can control how you share events and reminders by selecting "View Only" or "Add/Edit" modes. You can also make your event publicly accessible to anyone who knows your Yahoo! ID, send contacts a Web URL to access your calendar, or send invites to clients that support the .ics protocol.
- You can subscribe to other Web calendars that support the iCal address protocol.
- New Calendar supports Calendar Sync with mobile and other smart devices using CalDAV protocol -- to let you sync Yahoo! Calendar with iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, iCalendar, Mozilla Lightning/Sunbird, Palm, Alcatel, and others.
- Custom themes -- Calendar 2.0 also hosts country holiday calendars which you can subscribe to easily.