Xobni the next generation of social networking, today unveiled the OpenSocial-powered "Xobni Gadget Store," providing developers with an easier path into Outlook.
"Xobni has created an OpenSocial container on top of the interesting data Xobni already discovers for you from your email. Basically, Xobni knows who you know -- and how important they're to you (Xobni Rank). This effectively means that we build a social graph from your inbox, and provide access to that graph to your trusted services through the OpenSocial API. Gadgets can be viewed in the Xobni sidebar ("profile" view) or in the email message body ("card" view, similar to the Gmail contextual gadget implementation).
Here're a handful of the 20 gadgets that're now available in the new Xobni Gadget Store. Each gadget offers a personalized experience based on the related email or profile.
- Evernote -- take and search for notes on a person or company, and have your notes automatically associated with their email address or Xobni profile.
- Dropbox -- quickly choose files to share with anyone in your inbox
- JIRA -- Get a real-time view of any bug mentioned or linked to in an email. Make edits to the bug, add comments, re-assign, and more -- without leaving Outlook.
- Salesforce -- Create a Salesforce contact or lead from any Xobni profile; view existing records as well.
- WebEx -- Schedule a one-click meeting or schedule a meeting in advance without needing to leave Outlook. See upcoming meetings and quickly send reminders to the tardy folks
More Info: Xobni Gadget Store
[Source: Opensocial blog]