Xbox SmartGlass app for Android now available for free download allows you to convert your mobile device into a smart second screen for entertainment. The SmartGlass app works on Windows 8 and Windows RT, as well as Apple's iOS, and Windows Phone 8.
"Use Xbox SmartGlass to enhance your entertainment on Xbox 360. Xbox SmartGlass lets your phone work with your Xbox 360 console to bring rich, interactive experiences and unique content about what you're watching or playing, right to the device that's already in your hand. Interact with your favorite TV shows, movies, music, sports, and games, and bring remote control to a whole new level," the app description reads.
- Navigate your Xbox 360 with swipe and tap
- Use your phone's keyboard to type to your Xbox 360
- Browse the Internet on your Xbox 360 with full keyboard and zooming
- Play, pause, fast forward, rewind, and stop videos and music on your Xbox 360
- Search the full Xbox catalog of music, video, and games
- Enjoy rich, interactive experiences from select game and entertainment content creators
- Track and compare your achievements with your Xbox friends
- Change up your 3D avatar
- Message your Xbox friends
- Edit your Xbox profile
The app requires an Xbox membership to sign in, and works on most Android 4.0+ smartphones, with WVGA screen resolution or higher.
Get the app from Google Play store.
Finally, Microsoft posted a video, which showcases how the Surface tablet was designed. Check it out!