Expected to begin rolling out this week into Preview, the summer update to Xbox One and the Xbox app on Windows 10 that will help you stay connected with friends on Xbox Live and enjoy even more games across devices.
New features will rollout to the Xbox Preview audience in waves, “not all at once”, says the Xbox team, adding that it will bring,
- Cortana on Xbox One will bring the familiar Windows 10 experience, and the voice commands on Xbox One will work with both headsets and Kinect.
- New Game Collection interface makes it faster and easier to find and launch the games you’re looking for.
- Facebook Friend Finder on Xbox One, is a great way that help find and add your Facebook friends on Xbox.
- Improved sharing on Xbox One makes it easier to share your screenshots, GameDVR clips, and achievements. “Gamers can now share their most epic clips and captures with the community in fewer steps,” says the team.
Xbox app and Windows 10 gaming
- You can now Edit and share GameDVR clips on any video editor with clips you recorded on either Xbox One or your PC. You’ll also be able to upload the clip back to Xbox Live through the Xbox app.
- Updated GameDVR management allows you to share, start your own uploads, and see progress in the queue straight from your profile.
- Now, you can record 60 fps game clip with the Game bar (Windows + G) using the new “Very High” video quality setting in the Xbox app
- Share to Twitter from Xbox Live through the sharing options on each capture.
- Windows 10 GameDVR has added full-screen support to Windows Game bar, along with six additional games in full-screen mode with Windows game bar: League of Legends, World of Warcraft, DOTA 2, Battlefield 4, Counterstrike: Global Offensive, and Diablo III.
Xbox One and Xbox app
- Top PC games will have their own Game Hubs on Xbox Live. On both Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs, you’ll also be able to party chat with your friends no matter what they’re doing.
- Xbox Store and Windows Store convergence give gamers a single cohesive experience across their devices.
Streamlined shopping experience on Xbox Store adds several new channels, and now help you filter, browse and search results by genre, read reviews written by fellow gamers – including those voted “most helpful” by the Xbox Live community, easily recognize what titles are on sale with strikethrough pricing in lists, and more.
Windows Store also adding to help you browse and purchase bundles, episodic games, season passes, virtual currency and other game add-ons and DLC.
- Personal Activity Feed across Xbox One and the Xbox app now let you decide what will get automatically shared to your feed. “At the top of your Activity Feed, easily access and choose from recently unlocked achievements and captures, preview what your post would look like, and then share your greatest gaming moments,” explains Xbox team.