Xbox 360 continued its lead over competing video-game consoles in August and has now sold more units in the U.S. than any other console for 14 of the past 15 months. “With a massive portfolio of new blockbuster and Kinect titles coming this holiday season as well as new partnerships with Disney and Ultimate Fighting Championship, Xbox 360 is well-positioned for continued success,” stated Microsoft.
According to the August 2011 highlights from the NPD includes:
- Holding 43 percent share of the overall current-generation console market, Xbox 360 sold 308,000 units in August, maintaining the number-one console spot in the U.S. for 2011. This marks the sixth month Xbox 360 has had more than 40 percent of the current-generation console market share.
- Total retail spend on the Xbox 360 platform in August (hardware, software and accessories) reached $232 million, the most for any console in the U.S.
- During the month of August, the top two console game titles were for Xbox 360: “Deus Ex: Human Revolution” and “NCAA Football 12.”
Here is a list of some of the top exclusive game titles launching in the coming months:
- Sept. 20th: “Gears of War 3”
- Oct. 11th: “Forza Motorsport 4” and “Kinectimals Now with Bears!”
- Oct. 25th: “Dance Central 2” and “Kinect Sports: Season Two”
- Nov. 15th: “Kinect: Disneyland Adventures” and “Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary”
- Also, the highly-anticipated release of “Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3” launches Nov. 8th.