At WPC11, today Tami Reller, corporate vice president and chief financial officer of Windows and Windows Live announced the beta of the next release of Windows Intune for cloud-based PC management and security.
"Windows Intune provides the best Windows experience for customers by giving them access to the latest, premium version of Windows plus PC management and security in the cloud. The new Windows Intune features, including software distribution and remote tasks, strengthen the opportunity for partners. "
"Each new update builds upon the prior version, so regardless of when you purchase the subscription, you'll automatically get the latest and greatest features available in our commercial release," revealed Microsoft.
Some new key features include:
- Simplify the task of distributing software and updates- In addition to Microsoft patches and updates, you can now use Windows Intune to deploy third-party applications and updates to your managed PCs.
- Manage all your software licenses. If you need a better way to manage all your software licenses, look no further. Now you can upload and track Microsoft Retail and OEM licenses and third-party license agreements in addition to Microsoft Volume License agreements.
- Getbetter hardware reporting . We've made it simple for you to view or create reports on hardware data--including manufacturer, chassis type, available disk space, installed memory, and CPU speed.
For a full list of features, check out the following content:
- What's New in the Windows Intune 2011 Beta
- Windows Intune July 2011 Beta Overview Video
- Windows Intune July 2011 Beta FAQ
- Best Practices for Deploying Software with Windows Intune
[Soaurce: Microsoft Press]