Yesterday, we posted about an update to WorldWide Telescope codenamed the “Autumnal Equinox Beta”, the update now features a 3D-engine that renders our Solar System and the Milky Way in complete 3D. This update includes the following new features:
- Tour animation - text and inserted images can expand, contract, move, spin, fade, etc within a slide.
- WWT can now be localized to your language of choice. To begin with, we've added a second language - Simplified Chinese.
- Hundreds of new images from the Hubble, Chandra, Spitzer space telescopes
- A new Astrophotography section, with images from renowned astrophotographer Jack Newton.
- New surveys : GALEX in the ultraviolet band, Fermi in the gamma-ray band, as well as sixteen surveys about the Cosmic Microwave Background from the WMAP Science Team's Five Year release.
- Fifty new panoramas of Mars and the Moon, from the Phoenix, Spirit, Opportunity, Pathfinder, and Apollo missions.