Blizzard Entertainment today released a patch for their MMORPG Mac game, World of Warcraft. The new patch, which brings the game up to version 2.0.1 from 1.2, includes a number of important addition and fixes, including Multi-Threaded OpenGL support on Intel Macs. According to Blizzard, Intel Mac users will see a significant boost in frame rates with this patch.
• Added support for Multi-Threaded OpenGL on Intel Macs running OS X 10.4.8 or higher. Depending on hardware, scene and graphicalsettings, this can raise frame rates up to a factor of 2X.
• Improved video hardware detection and default settings, especially with Intel video.
• Vertex Animation Shaders have been disabled for systems with Intel video.
• Improved iTunes key-binding feature for smoothness and track name display.
• Fixed a bug where Tutorial Tips would not be marked as viewed correctly on PowerPC Macs.
• Fixed a rare crash bug in the audio code.
• Improved support for Weather Shaders.
• Added support for changing the mouse sensitivity in WoW. Previously, the Mac version ignored the value from the slider in the Interface Options dialog.
Continue for more info....
World of Warcraft, 2.0.1 Released, With Multithreaded, OpenGL, Support