Microsoft suggest a “temporary workaround for ‘when installing Microsoft StreamInsight where the product key is being rejected incorrectly or StreamInsight fails to install’ issue. This can occur when either user or system locale isn’t in following set of locales: pt-BR, zh-CN, zh-TW, en-US, fr-FR, de-DE, it-IT, ja-JP, ko-KR, ru-RU, es-ES,” writes Microsoft.
- Go to Region and Language Control Panel and change settings to English (United States) for user that’ll be running setup.
- Modify registry value:
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\International\Locale to 00000409 (save original value)HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\International\LocaleName to en-US (save original value).
- Reboot machine, and run StreamInsight install.
- Reset user’s regional settings by repeating step #1 with original region setting.
- Reset registry values by repeating steps #2 with original registry values.
- Reboot machine one more time.