Target Adsense is a plugin for WordPress that provides more control over how google_ad_section targeting is employed on your WordPress blog.
Section targeting allows you to suggest sections of your text and content that you’d like to emphasize or downplay when matching ads to your site’s content. This plugin helps you to emphasize the content you want by employing Google Ad Section Targeting. You may want to use targeting if you feel the Adsense ads on your pages could be more suited to the content. Ads that are more suited are more likely to get clicked on. It follows that profits may increase from using Ad targeting. For more information about targeting please read how to use Adsense Section Targeting to Maximize Profit.
- Download the Adsense Target plygin and extract the entire directory to your local disk.
- Upload the entire directory (adsense_target) to your wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin from the Plugins menu.
Configuration:Go to Admin Options Menu and click ‘Adsense Targeting’ to enter the options menu for this plugin. The first time you view the menu a warning message will appear indicating that no options have been set. There are only two options to configure for this plugin and all a pretty self explanatory. They are:
- Option to wrap all posts and pages with ad section targeting tags
- Option to add button to the post and page editor which allows easy ad section targeting within the post
Note: If you select the first option (to wrap all posts and pages) then the button will not appear in the post and page editor regardless of you second preference. This is done to avoid having nested targeted content.