Mike Smullin’s — AJAX Comments 2.0 — is probably one of the best ways you could spice up your WordPress Blog with AJAX.
Demo: Click “Add comment” on this Post and after writting “Hit Submit” Button. You will see an AJAX throbber and the comment will be submitted without refreshing or leaving the page.
- comment form validation happens server-side without refreshing or leaving the page
- Script.aculo.us Fade In/Out Effects make readers happy
- works with AuthImage captcha word verification plug-in to prevent comment spam
- uses existing theme code to match styled comment threads when producing new comments
- 25-second server timeout ensures readers aren’t left hanging
- works in current versions of Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, Netscape, and Safari.
Recommendations: (Works well, if you don’t have any of the under mentioned)
- perfectly compliments any well-styled comment form—don’t design without it
- best when moderation is off (seems more real-time) and AuthImage is installed (self-moderation is the best moderation)
How to implement:
- Download ajax-comments v2.07
- Unzip/upload to /plugins directory.
- Activate via WordPress Plugins tab.
- Open ajax-comments.php and uncomment lines: 92, 152, 153.
- Open comments.php from your /themes directory and use the following code (mostly just the ids) for AuthImage to appear in your comments form:
Please type the letters you see in the picture.
WordPress Plugin: AJAX Comments 2.0