Note: Quix0r has informed me about the latest release of the Plugin, the link below, now carry’s latest version.
- Downlaod cpr-2.0-PRE1.zip, and extract the contents to a local folder.
- Open comments-post-rewriter.php in your favorite editor and search for the settings section:
Remove RANDOMIZE_THIS_STRING from the $cprSecretKey variable and type at least 20 random letters, numbers and special chars like -/()*-+=. Mix it a little so it becomes unique.
- Upload extracted comments-post-rewriter.php to wp-content/plugins/ folder.
- Next go to WordPress Plugins panel and activate the plugin.
All blocked POST attempts will be counted, and a little conter gets inserted in your blog’s footer to show number of blocked attemps. If you don’t like footer messages you can deactivate it and use <?php cpr_display_stats(); ?> anywhere you want in your templates (e.g. if you have a sitebar.php template with a statistics section this is a good place for adding the code.
- To work properly it require prototype.js in wp-includes/js/. If you don’t have, download, rename and upload it yourself or let the plugin do this [ you’ll have to set temporary write-access wp-includes/js folder ].
- Also required Spam Karma 2 plugin to function.