WordPress.com users can now experience pinning and jump list support for all of their blogs with Internet Explorer 9 and Windows 7.
This means that blogs hosted on WordPress, automatically have the capability to pin their site to Windows 7 taskbars. Once pinned, customers can right-click on the favicon and see the last five blogs posted to the site via a dynamic Jump List.
This is good news for over 20 million blogs that rely on WordPress.com.
Why pinning gets powerful results! Simply, because those who have used these features saw more page views and averaged longer time on site for visiting users. Here are some stats:
- Hi5 saw a 200% increase in activity
- 34% of Flixster users read more content via their Jump List and stayed on the site 57% longer
- Huffington Post saw a 49% increase in time spent on the site and Business Insider saw 95% increase in stories read
- Killers' website noticed that visitors stayed on the site 103% longer
- Pinned users of Gilt.com visited 39% more often and Gilt recognized 45% more complete sales
Bloggers should consider all of the Windows 7 customers who visit their site, and encourage them to pin their blog to the taskbar.
Besides taking up space that was previously void, WordPress.com users don't have to worry about installing more add-ons or a complicated installation process because the feature is built into IE9, it doesn't require any extra effort on your part.
[Source: Exploring IE]